As an Apprentice Design Coordinator you will assist the technical team to coordinate the design work required during construction projects. This will include helping to ensure that the multi-disciplinary teams building the project work together smoothly and that everything is delivered on time and within budget.
Full training and support to develop your competencies and skills will be provided by experienced mentors. You will be enrolled on a Level 4 or Level 6 Construction Design & Build Apprenticeship, depending on your current qualifications.
What will you deliver?
- To assist in the efficient management of the design information process both at tender and contract stages.
- To support the Design & Consultant Management for allocated new build contracts.
- This role requires the employee to solve technical issues that arise on site such as the requirement for unforeseen drawing amendments from Consultants and technical queries regarding building regulations and planning.
- Assist at Tender Stage with different building types and cost schedules.
- To attend College or Further Education (where offered or applicable) in line with company procedures
- This is a development role with an emphasis on the continued personal development of the Trainee.
Through a programme of continued professional development, there is every opportunity to progress within the company for ambitious and talented professionals.
Hertfordshire, so we welcome applications from candidates within an hour’s commute of Hatfield.
Two of the roles will be based from our office in Stratford and will involve travel to sites within London.
- Good attention to detail and design
- Great communication skills
- Be able to work with a wide range of people
- Work within a team and independently
- Effectively manages time in order to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS office (Word & Excel)
- Full UK Driving License (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to show team commitment along with a professional attitude to work
- Can demonstrate an eye for detail and a commitment to delivery excellent standards
- Knowledge of building legislation and health and safety legislation
- No previous construction experience is required but a passion for the industry must be demonstrated
- A Level DD or;
- BTEC National Diploma PPP or;
- Access to HE Diploma with 21 Merits or;
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in related subject or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 64 UCAS points
- 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English (C or above) or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
Apprentices take six modules in total and three modules of study per year.
Most modules are taught across two semesters allowing development to be taken at a progressive pace. All modules are at Level 4 and carry a 20 credit weighting.
- Construction practice A
- Construction technology and materials
- Legal and economic context in the built environment
- Building services and environmental science
- Architectural design & technology
- Construction technology and structures