During the Dental Nurse Apprenticeship, you will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required to become a qualified dental nurse and have a successful career in dental nursing.
You daily activities could include:
- Assisting the dentist in providing safe and effective treatments to patients, from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments
- Proving patients with a high level of care
- Setting up and cleaning surgery
- Sterilising instruments
- Updating patient records
- Maintaining equipment
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- Adhering to practice policies and procedures
Possibility of ongoing employment and further development following completion of the dental nursing qualification.
We advise candidates to check the location of the setting before applying. If you are using public transport, please ensure you have researched the route and that a regular and reliable service is available. Your application will be rejected if you live too far away.
For Dental Nursing, it is a requirement to have a course of Hepatitis B vaccines and a clear enhanced DBS.
Please also note that you will be required to undertake FIT mask testing to be a Dental Nurse.
This vacancy is paying minimum wage for age group.
- Good communication skills
- Team working skills
- Good IT skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Remain calm under pressure
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Passionate to start a career as a dental nurse
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- On the job training