As an Apprentice Dental Nurse, your duties would include:
- Providing chairside assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
In-house training will be given by an experienced team and the apprenticeship qualification will be provided in the workplace.
There are good career progression opportunities, for example: Hygienist & Practice Management and many other industry professions for the right person.
You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.
References may be requested from either previous employer or education provider.
Applicants should ideally live within a 5-mile radius of the practice and be flexible.
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- The successful candidate must be reliable and organised
- Keen to learn
- Our ideal candidate would have a professional approach with a hardworking attitude
- They would provide excellent patient care and show commitment to their work
- You must always be of a smart and professional appearance, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
GCSEs at grades C/4 and above or equivalent in maths and English.
An initial assessment for maths and English is also required.
Qualifications will be checked before your application is submitted to the employer.
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required
- Health and Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- First Aid at Work