For this exciting role we are looking to recruit a hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic person who wants to develop a career in dental nursing.
As an apprentice Dental Nurse you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care. You will need to be unflappable under pressure and able to put people at ease. You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
As an Apprentice Dental Nurse, your duties would include:
- Providing chairside assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
In-house training will be given by an experienced team and the apprenticeship qualification will be provided in the workplace.
There are fantastic career progression opportunities, for example:
- Oral Health Educator
- Senior Dental Nurse
- Practice Manager
- Specialist Dental Nurse
- Dental Nurse Assessor
- Treatment Co-ordinator
- You will be required to have a Hepatitis B vaccination and pass a DBS check and a fit test for a respirator face mask
- References will be required from a previous employer and/or educational setting
- Applicants are required to live within a reasonable distance from their work place
- Punctuality is essential for this role
As the apprenticeship provider we work with hundreds of Dental Practices and are well suited to provide very best learning experience and combine this with fantastic employment opportunity.
- Organisational skills
- Good communication
- Computer literate
- Able to work in a team and independently
- High level of manual dexterity
- Ability to relate well to a wide range of people
- Friendly and sympathetic approach with a calm, confident and reassuring manner
- Enthusiastic and interested in developing a career in dental nursing
- Keen to learn
- Smart and professional appearance
- Positive attitude
- GCSE maths & English grade 4/C, equivalent or higher (not mandatory)
All candidates are subjected to an eligibility check which includes an initial assessment for basic maths and English and an assessment of prior learning.
Qualifications will be checked before your application is submitted to the employer.
- Advanced Dental Nurse Apprenticeship standard
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required
- Health and Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- First Aid at Work