The dental nurse plays an important role within the team and reports to the senior Dental Nurses, Practice Manager and the Dentists.
The role is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery as well as supporting the other team members.
They should adopt proficient surgery procedures, ensuring the best utilisation of surgery time.
Greet and care for all patients within your care in a polite and courteous manner at all times, providing excellent patient care, maintain excellent standards of cross infection control in all clinical areas, decontamination of instruments, equipment and materials.
Adhering at all times to the systems and protocols in line with company strategy, goals and values.
Always be aware of patient confidentiality and data (health history) protection
Duties will include:
- Assist patient into surgery, settle them in the chair and prepare them for treatment
- Provide patient with personal protective equipment
- Produce instruments and materials as necessary during treatment
- Provide chairside assistance during all dental procedures, charting of teeth and restorations
- Ensure all lab work is checked and available prior to patient's arrival Develop, file, mount and log all x-rays, whilst adhering to the relevant safety procedures
- Maintain a clean environment during surgery.
- Cleaning and sterilising instruments after each patient, adhering to the company policy on cross infection Ensure all clinical waste is disposed of in the appropriate manner compliant with current regulations
- Escort the patient from the surgery and when necessary to the reception area
- Ensure all equipment is maintained as per manufacturer's instructions and are cleaned appropriately
- Ensure use of checklists provided which clearly outline a schedule of daily and weekly tasks Switch equipment on in the morning and ensure it is switched off again at the end of each working session
- Ensure that adequate stocks of expendable drugs, materials and instruments are available
- Ensure that all repairs are reported promptly to the practice manager
Sustained employment for the committed and successful candidate.
Candidates will ensure they can reach our location of: 15-17 Chapel Street, Sheffield S13 7JL
Other InformationThe National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is 4.30 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. As Disability Confident Leader we are committed to recruiting the best people to support our learners and our mission to transform your life through learning. We are committed to removing barriers for applicants with a disability during our recruitment process, upon appointment and as an employee. We are an employer who values equality and diversity and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to have an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to safer recruiting procedures.
Administration Skills, Communication Skills, Listerning,Team Building Skills, Literacy Skills, Organisational Skills,
Reliable Hard working Trustworthy Willingness to learn Good understanding of confidentiality Confident Highly motivated Friendly
5 x GCSE A*-C/4 including Maths, English and Double Science
Training ProvidedApprentice Standard Dental Nurse Level 3 You will be doing 4 days a week with the Employer and day release at Charles Clifford Dental Hospital from September 2021.