Reporting to the Principal Dentist.
Duties will include:
- Greeting patients
- Chair side assistance to the dentist during restorative and surgical procedures
- Record patient's clinical notes in computer
- Clean and prepare surgery between patients
- Clean used instruments after patients
- You will assist with reception when necessary and routine clerical tasks handling payments, booking appointments, and answering the phone
Attend Sheffield College - City Campus within the duration of the apprenticeship to study:
- Dental anatomy, oral diseases, medical emergencies, dental radiography, and sterilisation
You will learn about oral health promotion and preventative dentistry techniques. Some units will focus on patient care and management and you will cover legal and ethical issues.
Successful and aspiring candidate will be required to pass the end point assessment to complete their apprenticeship and enable their registration with the General Dental Council as a qualified Dental Nurse.
Candidates will ensure they have sustainable transport to reach our location at:
- 8 Hemper Lane, Sheffield, S8 7FD
- Administration skills
- Communication skills
- Team building skills
- Literacy skills
- Organisational skills
- High level of professional presentation
- Literate and numerate
- Confident and caring manner with patients and colleagues
- Team player
- Strong work ethnic
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- A 'can do' attitude
- Can adapt to changing situations
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent), including English Language, maths, and a double science.
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- 1 day per week attendance Charles Clifford Dental Hospital