You will be completing a wide range of duties involved with assisting the Dentist in the care of customers.
This will include:
- Chairside assistance – passing instruments to the Dentist
- Updating patient records as instructed by the Dentist
- Set up and prepare the surgery
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and infection control
- Keeping patient information confidential
- Follow all workplace policies and procedures
- Perform a receptionist service to customers, book appointments and welcome customers
This vacancy is just for a contract to do your apprenticeship. There may be progression onto a permanent contract, but at the moment the employer cannot guarantee progression.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Have the ability to use your own initiative
- Eager to learn
- Positive attitude
- Genuine interest in this type of role
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferred but not essential.
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This is a work-based qualification with college attendance every Wednesday 15:00 - 18:30 term-time only. Some college attendance may also be required for Functional Skills.