Apprentice Dental Nurse - Advanced (Level 3)
Hopton Dental Surgery
WEST SUFFOLK COLLEGE
You will be one of four Dental Nurses, assisting two Full Time and one Part Time Dentists.
The role will involve:
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions and HTM0105
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all Health and Safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, Mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Order new stock supplies as necessary
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice including the duties and tasks of receptionist
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Daily contact with a senior nurse and practice manager. The dental nurse apprentice will assist the team in delivering care to patients.
Future ProspectsOnce qualified the dental nurse would be able to progress their career by studying for enhanced skills. Pay would be increased in line with experience and performance review.
Reality CheckBenefits include; working in an efficient, friendly team in a positive and supportive environment. The pace can sometimes be quite fast and there is always plenty to do. The candidate will be expected to use the computer. The apprentice will also be required to study at college & at home and take exams.
- A willingness to become a professional dental nurse.
- Good computer skills.
- An ability to learn in different ways, verbal instruction will be given.
- Good communication skills
- Some dental/healthcare care experience
- Calm, friendly manner.
- A firm understanding of confidentiality.
- Polite and well presented.
- Good timekeeper.
- Kind with a desire to help people.
- Good team player.
5 GCSEs Grade C (4) or above in maths and English, or equivalent, this is essential.
Full Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.