Apprentice Dental Nurse
Handforth Dental Practice Llp
Apprentice Dental Nurse is required for our busy practice in Wilmslow.
We are looking for the right candidate who is committed to pursuing a career in dental nursing.
Duties include providing chairside assistance to the Dentist or Hygienist.
Role and responsibilities:
- Assist dentist during dental treatment, stock up the surgery, decontamination of instruments, decontamination room preparation
- Developing the x-ray, cover reception when needed
- Welcome patients
- Answering the telephone in the prescribed manner
- Assist the Dentist and/or Hygienist/Therapist in the provision of high-quality dental care
- Booking of appointments efficiently and accurately
- Checking of stocks within the surgery
- Collect and record patient payments
- Prepare the surgery for the Dentist and/or Hygienist and close down the surgery at the end of the session
- Keep the clinical areas clean and tidy
- Clean dental instruments in the Decontamination Room
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice including the duties and task of receptionists as required
Subject to a successful apprenticeship you are likely to be offered a permanent position with the company.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Able to work under supervision and take instruction
- Friendly and personable with a genuine interest in a career in dentistry
- Mature personality
- Team player
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 NVQ in Dental Nursing
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This is a work-based qualification with College attendance Wednesday’s 13:30 - 16:00 Dental Delivery and 16:30 - 18:00 for functional skills if applicable. (Term-time only)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.