Apprentice Dental Nurse
Bournville Village Dental Practice
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Meet and greet patients
- Assisting with chairside support of patients
- Checking appointments
- Assisting the dentist with a variety of dental procedures,
- Mixing materials for use in procedures
- Able to advise patients in the use of varied products
- Taking on responsibility for decontamination procedures
- Observing all Health and Safety practices, and using correct PPE (provided)
Please note that duties will increase as you gain in experience
You will need to have your Hepatitis B injection for the position and you need to be vaccinated against TB
Finally, the successful applicant will be required to carry out tasks outlined by the manager, as required. Once you have applied for this apprenticeship, you will also need to attend an appointment with our College Curriculum team. An email and text will be sent to you to apply on the college website for your chosen apprenticeship framework. Once you have applied via the link provided you will then be sent an email and a letter inviting you into the College to meet with the relevant curriculum team, who will confirm that you are eligible for the apprenticeship.
If you have already applied and attended an appointment session at one of our colleges, please contact your Recruitment Advisor to discuss your interest in this specific vacancy. You do not need to apply again to the college. The Apprenticeship Recruitment Team – BMet 01384 399848
A permanent role for the right person.
As part of this apprenticeship, you will be required to travel to both the employer location and also attend college. Please ensure that you have researched your travel arrangements and are happy with the time it will take and distance required to travel, before you apply for this vacancy.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Highly professional approach;
- Hard Working
- Able to multi task
- Able to communicate with customers
- Minimum A-C / 9-4 GCSE’s in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Level 3 Dental Nurse Standard
- A knowledge based qualification i.e. Technical Certificate
- Key or Functional Skills (if required)
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.