What will the apprentice be doing?
- Undertake administrative duties such as arranging meetings, minute-taking, diary management,handling telephone calls and/or attending to visitors.
- Using the Committee Management System to produce agendas for formal committee meetings and informal officer meetings and producing minutes of meetings.
- Providing administrative support for School Admission Appeals, including photocopying and sending out agenda papers for appeal hearings.
- Undertake any other administrative support duties specific to the post which may include updating spreadsheets, distributing questionnaires and ensuring pages on the website are up to date.
- Liaison with other staff and external customers, as a point of contact for the team. Providing advice as appropriate and/or referring enquiries to the relevant officer.
- Assisting with financial administrative procedures as required, such as raising purchase orders, making payments and processing councilor travel claims.
- Any other lesser or comparable duties as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Business Support Assistant Apprentice will work towards a L3 Business Administrator Level 3 qualification via Weymouth College and will at the same time have formal training delivered by Dorset Council.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Prospect of a permanent position for the right candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential