We are looking for an Apprentice who has a passion for food and is keen to learn more. Working 5 days a week, 37.5 hours a week. Must be available weekdays and weekends. You will be required to work at our 2 sites Ely and Littleport.
Ely is our main Deli/Café based on the Market Square.
Duties will include:
- You will be involved in food prep and making/cooking sandwiches using European speciality breads
- Food presentation will also be a big part of the job
- You must like cheese, being a deli we sell a huge amount of cheese and you will be expected to taste and learn as much as possible about cheese
- Working at the deli will also involved a great deal of customer service work from behind a counter and table service, making coffees, fresh milkshakes, stocking up, and general cleaning duties will all be part of the role
- Littleport is where we have our commercial Kitchen, this is where we bake all of our cakes, and make soups, this is also a café for offices and local businesses
- When working here you will be baking and preparing lunches and also lunch platters on a larger scale
- There will also be food preparation and general cleaning duties
You will work 5 days a week 8 hours a day with a 30 minute lunch break. Lunch is provided by Lemon Tree.
At the end of the apprenticeship there could be an offer of a full time permanent job which may lead to supervisor training.
- Passion for food with a flair for presentation
- Must be a good communicator and be able to talk to customers of all ages
- None, maths and English will be assessed as part of the application process
- Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills maths and English (if required)