Apprentice Data Analyst with The Financial Conduct Authority
THE FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY
BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION LIMITED
For this programme there are roles available in a variety of teams, including:
- Advanced Analytics
- Life Insurance and Financial Advice
- Financial Crim
This role is for an apprenticeship scheme as a Data Analyst. The primary role of a Data Analyst is to collect, organise and study data to provide business insight. Data analysts are typically involved with managing, cleansing and aggregating data, and using a range of analytical techniques to generate insights from that data. In this role, you would work across a variety of projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of stakeholders.
What does this job involve?
The key responsibilities of the Data Analyst will include:
- Using a range of data systems to identify, extract and manage data
- Collecting and compiling data from different sources and making links between the data
- Delivering data management, cleansing and analysis of the FCA’s regulatory data to support our Data Publications
- Administering data quality checks and record keeping to ensure our data management and analysis is high quality
- Supporting analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to support delivery of the FCA’s Sector Views
- Clearly communicating, both written and verbal, with team members and stakeholders
- Using a range of analytical techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- Applying the tools and techniques for data analysis, data visualisation and presentation to assist production of dashboards and reports
As part of a team and under guidance from other supervisors, learning to analyse various sources of data and intelligence assisting in the identification of harms to consumers;
- Participating in projects involving data analysis as required, helping build robust assessment indicators
- Opportunities to present your work to different stakeholders and share good practice on beyond your division
Apprentices who successfully complete their professional qualification and apprenticeship programme will be considered for a permanent role within the FCA.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (including Excel)
- Good numerical skills
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to manage conflicting work schedules
- High level of curiosity in data and analysis
- An analytical mind – enjoys problem solving and understanding new issues
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- A thorough and organised approach – able to manage a variety of tasks and issues, prioritising appropriately
- Committed to learning and sets high standards for self
- Good attention to detail – can demonstrate taking pride in work and ensuring it is of high quality
- An interest in the financial services sectors and regulation
- Minimum of 2 A-Levels or equivalent at grade C - including one in numerical subject e.g. maths, economics or finance
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs A*-C (4-9) including maths and English or equivalent qualifications
As a Data Analyst Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Data Analyst Level 4 higher Apprenticeship. Within the Apprenticeship you will complete the EMC: Data Science Associate qualification.
The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures and workplace support.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.