What will the apprentice be doing?
- Gather data: There will be a requirement to gather key data that needs to be imported into the job
management systems supporting general operational activity and mobilisation of new workstreams
- Clean data: Raw data might contain duplicates, errors, or outliers, identify and clean the data in order to maintain the quality so that it can be correctly interpreted
- Importing data: Clean data will need to be imported into the job management systems to make data available to operations to consume
- Model data: Create data models to extract relevant data to provide operational performance insight
- Interpret data: Interpreting data will involve finding patterns or trends in data that will help you to identify corrective actions or business improvement opportunities
- Present: Communicating the results of your findings will be a key part of the role. This will be done by putting together visualisations like charts and graphs, writing reports, and presenting information to interested parties
- Integration Management: With many of our clients we have integrations which enable us to share data through API’s or flat file route, we need to maintain translation tables and resolve data errors to ensure the flow of data is maintained
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard:
Your training takes place away from your usual location of work and in one of NowSkills' city centre training venues. If this isn't convenient to you then NowSkills also provide live online, on-demand online and 1:1 with your subject specialist digital tutor that you will have assigned to you.
Upon successful completion you will receive certification of your Level 4 Data Analyst standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The successful candidate may be offered full time employment and the chance to progress to a higher position in the organisation.
Reality CheckIt would be preferable for the successful candidate to be familiar with the following applications: • Microsoft Dynamics 365 • Microsoft Excel – Advanced (inc. Pivot Tables, creating Charts, using X-Lookup formula, etc.) • Microsoft Outlook • Microsoft Power BI Desktop • Microsoft Teams • Microsoft Word – Intermediate • Report Writing (ODBC Queries, SQL, SharePoint Lists, Azure Synapse Analytics) The successful candidate will be able to provide evidence of: • A willingness and desire to learn • Ability to work to deadlines • High attention to detail • Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse performance trends and prepare relevant commentary on the findings • Strong problem-solving skills • Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills - be able to effectively communicate across all levels of the business
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, growth mindset
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Other Bachelors Degree (Grade Or equivalent experience) Desired