- In respect of the CRM system, maintain and develop robust and effective system and processes to improve agent productivity, client deliverables and insights
- Manage and maintain the SQL environment in a manner to ensure maximum business systems uptime is achieved
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Establish and document a continuous improvement and monitoring program in relation to the SQL and database environment
- Establish a pro-active management approach to the SQL Environment
- Participate in code reviews with your line manager and provide feedback and guidance to the business to identify if efficiencies can be gained from analysing our current scripts and stored procedures
- Analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
There is plenty of potential for progression from both a technical and career viewpoint.
Personal development is a big part of the company culture.
There is potential to continue in the business and progress into a Data Analyst/SQL Developer.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
[Having the following will be highly beneficial to the role]
Essential skills and experience:
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 - 2016
- Understanding and experience in creating and modifying various database objects; Tables, Views, Procedures and Functions etc.
- Understanding and practical experience of SQL Server administration
- Proficient in T-SQL and advanced T-SQL functions
- Working knowledge of SQL monitoring and management programs
- Refine & automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- The right candidate should have commercial experience within an IT SQL support environment and / or has gained industry recognized IT support qualifications
- Experience in using the MS office Suite, in particular MS Excel
- Experience of the full SQL BI Stack SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
- Experience of the MS PowerBI suite
- Experience and practical applications of implementing reporting dashboards and other reports either via SSRS or Excel
- Experience in developing web or forms applications using C#
- Team player
- Passionate about IT
- Comfortable working in a friendly environment as part of team
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Or equivalents
As well as on the job learning, the apprentices will also study towards their Level 4 (Higher) Data Analytics Apprenticeship.
Covering modules such as Data Analyst Tools and Data Analyst Concepts.
Functional Skills in maths and English if required.