We’ve got about 1.2 million customers ranging from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. You’ll be joining our expert team of experienced Cyber Test Professionals, so you can learn directly from the best.
- You’ll help to deliver a first-class customer experience to lots of different customers, who’ve all got very different and complex needs
- You’ll be responsible for conducting end to end testing activities on complex projects in line with our strategy
- You’ll improve our customer’s end-user experience of testing through Right First Time Operation, high value test focus, efficiencies gained, quality of outputs, clear and simple communications and reporting, as well as continual improvements in processes. We know how to keep you busy, and make sure you’re learning skills, all the same time!
- We’re not expecting you to know everything when you join, so we’ll start you off with some key concepts like the ITIL Framework, how to accurately report testing progress and how to identify and log defects
- On top of that, you’ll find out about things like how to apply the relevant laws and ethics to your work
- You’ll have a lot going on at once, and can be managing lots of complex workloads and competing priorities. But we’ll work with you to make sure you can manage it
- We’ll also contribute to your ongoing development as well, by helping you study for your ITIL V4 certification, in addition to your apprenticeship
Ability to assimilate into a permanent role with the BT Group on completion of the apprenticeship.
Are you willing to learn new skills quickly and have an impact on real life solutions?
- Bold decision maker
- Customer champion
- Inspiring communicator
- Change agent
- Solution focused
- Collaborative partner
- Commercial thinker
- You’ll need to achieve (or be on course to achieve) two A-Levels with a minimum of C/4 grades
- You’ll also need a minimum of five GCSEs at grades 9-4/A*-C, equivalent or above) including English and maths
- Equivalent qualifications are accepted
- Please note all of our apprenticeships are subject to eligibility criteria
As a Cyber Security Test Professional, you’ll study for a Level 3 apprenticeship, called Cyber Security Technician.
Your apprenticeship scheme will last 18 months and 20% of your working hours will be dedicated to studying.