BT’s work in cyber security has an impact all over the world and for all types of business customers big and small. Our partners rely on us to keep them safe, which is where you come in.
- You’ll join our expert team of experienced Security professionals, so you can learn directly from the best
- You’ll help to provide technical support on complex network security and cyber security deployments for our UK secure contracts. Working across a variety different platforms and technologies, including Data Centre Servers, Networking and Cloud based tools, you’ll develop a wide range of skills and experience
- This role is vital in delivering a best in class customer service experience to all of our clients. The security team makes sure appropriate actions are taken to reduce the risk of incidents and maintain services, to avoid any impact to the customer’s set up
- We’re not expecting you to know everything when you join, so we’ll start you off with some key concepts like security, identity and confidentiality and how they relate to each other. You’ll also learn about integrity, availability, threat, vulnerability, risk and hazard and so much more. On top of that, you’ll find out about things like how to apply the relevant laws and ethics. and that’s before you get to things like security assurance, and how to apply cyber security concepts to IT infrastructure.
It’s a job that involves a lot of teamwork; everyone relies on and helps each other to do the best job possible for our business customers. You’ll have a lot going on at once and can be managing lots of complex workloads and competing priorities. But we’ll work with you to make sure you can manage it. And we’ll also contribute to your ongoing development as well, by helping you study for your ITIL V4 certification, in addition to your apprenticeship
- Ability to assimilate into a permanent role with the BT Group on completion of the apprenticeship
- Are you willing to learn new skills quickly and have an impact on real life solutions?
- Bold decision maker
- Customer champion
- Inspiring communicator
- Change agent
- Solution focused
- Collaborative partner
- Commercial thinker
- You’ll need to achieve (or be on course to achieve) two A-Levels with a minimum of CC grades
- You’ll also need a minimum of five GCSEs at grades 4-9 (C or above) including English and maths
- Equivalent qualifications are accepted
- Please note all of our apprenticeships are subject to eligibility criteria
As a Cyber Security Technician, you’ll study for a Level 3 apprenticeship, called Cyber Security Technician.
Your apprenticeship scheme will last 18 months and 20% of your working hours will be dedicated to studying.