During this apprenticeship you will:
- Develop a solid understanding of who CitySprint’s customers are
- Become knowledgeable in all the services we can offer
- Understand the different needs and priorities of your customers and the best way to manage their expectations, recognising and knowing how to adapt style to be highly effective
- Understand CitySprint’s values and how they link to our service culture.
- Learn our internal policies and procedures, including any complaints processes and customer policies that are relevant to the role.
- Learn CitySprint’s systems, equipment and technology to meet the needs of your customers.
- Understand your role and responsibility within your organisation and the impact of your actions on others.
- Know the targets and goals you need to deliver against.
- Understand how establishing the facts enable you to create a customer focused experience and appropriate response.
- Understand how to build trust with a customer and why this is important.
- Picking up customer calls & emails
- Use a range of questioning skills, including listening and responding in a way that builds rapport, determines customer needs and expectations and achieves positive engagement and delivery.
- Undertaking any relevant ad hoc activities related to the role
- Supporting the Customer Service team with general clerical and admin duties
At the end of your apprenticeship you will have gained a level 2 qualification in Customer Services. You will also have gained significant work experience in a busy customer services environment, having worked for the UK’s leading Same Day Delivery Network. At the end of your programme you will have the opportunity to apply for internal vacancies and we will look to accommodate you where we can within CitySprint.
Our service centres are usually based on the outskirts of town on an Industrial Estate but are accessible by Bus/train.
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- Recognition awards and incentives
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Good computer / IT skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Enjoy working as a team
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- English and maths GCSE A - D / 7 - 3 or equivalent
Programme: Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship
Duration: 15 months
Course Type: Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your work place.
The Apprenticeship programme is made up of different units. Apprentices will be assessed on their knowledge, skills and behaviours throughout the apprenticeship and tracked online using an e-portfolio.
These are grouped into 2 themes which complement each other and are as follows:
- Customer Service Foundations
- Customer Service Delivery & Personal Effectiveness
- After each theme is complete, a Mock End Point Assessment is carried out to ensure apprentices are prepared for the End Point Assessment at the end of the programme.
- After a minimum of 372 days and successful delivery of the programme, the end point assessment will take place. The end-point assessment is a synoptic assessment of the skills, behaviours and knowledge that have been developed throughout the apprenticeship.
- End-Point Assessments will involve an independent assessor carrying out final assessments with the apprentice, to ensure that the competences and learning within the ‘Apprenticeship Standard’ have been met.
- Apprentices can achieve a pass, merit or distinction dependent on how well they perform in their End-Point Assessment.
Apprentices also work towards a Level 2 qualification in English and maths in the first half of the programme if they have no prior exemption (GCSE’sA – C or equivalents in English and Maths).