Apprentice Customer Service & Social Media Executive
KENT COUNTY COUNCIL
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic apprentice to join a well-established business who specialise in supplying team and workwear to customers across the country.
Being a small team means that there are more ways for you to get stuck in, so you will never get bored. As well as the customer service and online side of things, which will be the main focus of your role, you will also have the chance to get involved with some of the production and stock-taking.
If you’re looking for a varied role where you can gain all-round experience in a wide range of areas, this is definitely the role for you!
This is a very varied role with a focus on customer service. Tasks will include – but are not limited to – the following:
- Dealing with customer telephone enquiries
- Taking and processing orders
- Occasional face-to-face customer service
- Overseeing and enhancing social media presence on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Uploading images of products and adding descriptions to the website
- Basic graphic design duties including printing artwork and transfers
- Checking in deliveries and matching them against job queues
- Potential for full time employment for the right candidate
- There are opportunities to progress from a Level 2 to a Level 3 qualification
- Many employers retain apprentices in full/part time positions
- The Qualifications you gain can also help you to get into higher education or other employment
- Being an apprentice gives you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification and developing professional skills whilst earning a salary, inside some of Kent’s best companies
- Once the Apprenticeship has been achieved you will have the skills, abilities and experience to update and enhance your CV, to make it attractive to potential employers
***The employer has asked that you do not contact them directly. Doing so could jeopardise your application***
If you do not meet the criteria for this position, your application will not be considered.
We will be interviewing candidates who meet the criteria as they apply and will recruit after a successful interview which may be before the closing date.
You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst awaiting for your first wages to be paid.
The office is a purpose-built building based at a residential address near to the centre of Minster-on-Sea. The nearest bus stop is a 5-minute walk away.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills (both verbally and in writing)
- Good social media skills
- An approachable personality
- Good sense of humour!
- GCSE grades 9 - 3 (A* - D) in maths or equivalent qualifications in this subject
- GCSE grades 9 - 4 (A* - C) in English or equivalent qualifications in this subject
- Level 2 - Customer service practitioner standard
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard. It may be necessary for you to complete Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT – subject to previous achieved grades.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.