What will the apprentice be doing?
During the 15-month programme you will gain knowledge and experience through structured, on the job training and a range of development opportunities
The role includes;
- Taking inbound calls from prospective and current customers who would like a new quote for their car or home insurance or change to an existing insurance policy
- Follow system and procedural processes to ensure compliance with the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Delivering customer excellence to every customer you deal with
- Ensuring you take responsibility for our customers and provide resolutions
- Taking ownership for your own development within BGL Insurance
- Be determined to succeed and accountable for results for yourself and the business
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As an apprentice you will grow your skills through hands-on experience, while studying towards the Financial Service Customer Adviser Level 2 Apprenticeship. This opportunity is available in our Peterborough site and will provide an in-depth knowledge in customer service within the insurance sector.
You can expect to receive 20% development time, this will help you gain the training and development required to achieve your apprenticeship and qualification. You will also receive 3 weeks block training at the start of your apprenticeship, where you will learn about BGL Insurance and the wider insurance industry. During this time you will also gain full product knowledge and how you can help service our customers.
We use a specialist external training provider who will work remotely with you providing bi weekly support and training whilst you are on your apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After you have successfully completed your apprenticeship you can expect to continue your career within BGL Insurance, within our award winning contact centre.
There are additional apprenticeship opportunities internally that you may wish to apply for once completing your apprenticeship, if you wish to develop your career further.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Math and English (Grade 4 (c) or above) Essential