As part of the customer service team, you’ll get a unique view on our business.
- The customer service team carry out a whole range of exciting roles; for example, supporting customers when they place orders, helping customers when they report service issues, customer complaints and escalations. You will be doing these on the products supported within our portfolio which may include Hosted (Cloud) Communications, MEAS (Mobile Ethernet Access Service), broadband and data circuits
- You’ll learn a host of skills to develop your expertise and keep you motivated. From supporting customers with placing orders, to repairing faults, to data analysis and improving the customer experience using continuous improvement methodology; it’s really that broad
- We’ll make sure you develop a great knowledge of our product portfolio and how everything works together, so you can really help the customer with the right solution for them
- Not only will you work really closely with our customers and develop great relationships with them, you’ll also get a chance to build your stakeholder management skills. Depending on the exact job you’re doing, you could be working with either communication providers directly, or with critical “blue light” customers - and that’s not forgetting Openreach, or our own internal Technology function. You’ll work with and manage everyone, to drive a great customer experience, a simple resolution, and make sure we’re continuously improving our processes and systems
- Continually finding ways to get better for our customers is really important to us, as we use data to do that. Data insights are key to developing a high performing team and you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in the build and analysis of key data sets to help direct decision making. You’ll also get to influence teams supporting our improvement roadmaps, to really help drive chance
As the world of technology advances at pace, you’ll be at the forefront of it all as an operational pioneer.
Ability to assimilate into a permanent role with the BT Group on completion of the apprenticeship.
Are you willing to learn new skills quickly and have an impact on real life solutions?
- Bold Decision Maker
- Customer Champion
- Inspiring Communicator
- Solution Focused
- Collaborative Partner
- Change Agent
- Commercial Thinker
No formal qualifications are required to join our programme; however, a good level of literacy and numeracy would be a distinct advantage.
Please note all of our apprenticeships are subject to eligibility criteria.
- Level 2 Customer service practitioner apprenticeship standard
As an Apprentice Customer Service Associate, you’ll study for a Level 2 apprenticeship, called Customer Service Practitioner as well as functional skills in English and maths if required.
Your apprenticeship scheme will last for 18-months and 20% of your working hours will be dedicated to studying.