Apprentice Customer Service and Dispensary Counter Assistant
This position is ideally suited to someone with retail experience and is willing to undertake the relevant training courses in order to progress.
- As a Dispensary Counter Assistant you will work under the Pharmacist supervision and will assist with the sales of over the counter medicines, offering advice to customers on the provision of information, symptoms and products as well promoting the additional services that our branch offers
- You will also be tasked with replenishing stock and supporting the pharmacy team
At Jhoots Pharmacy you will enjoy a uniquely rewarding career by really making a difference with the local community. You'll work hard but be recognised for your contribution and be able to keep a healthy work / life balance.
When you join Jhoots Pharmacy as a new member of our team, we are proud to announce that our benefit scheme has been designed with you and our existing team members in mind, to provide all our employees with various rewards and benefits to:
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Generous Holiday Including Bank Holidays, which increase after two year service. (This is on pro-rata for part time employees).
- Pension Scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Employee Summit Champion
- Long Service Awards
- Regulatory training and Career Opportunities
Jhoots Pharmacy is an award winning independent, community pharmacy chain. We offer an efficient and reliable service to all of our patients, customers, and clients. When you come through the door, we give you the time and attention you deserve and tailor our services to meet your requirements.
We offer a full range of Essential, Advanced and Enhanced NHS Services as operated by the Local Commissioners. Please see our services section on our website for further details.
Our staff are the heart of our business and their training and development is vital in ensuring an excellent customer experience. No compromise is made on the training offered to our staff, from choosing excellent external suppliers and having a highly experienced management team who is readily available.
The successful candidate will be completing a qualification at the same time as working with their employer. This will be:
Level 2 Standard in Customer Service
This will be completed via visits to your place of work by your assessor, and by submitting work and evidence via our online portal, Learning Assistant.
Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT
If you have not achieved these subjects at level one or GCSE A-C within the last five years, we will do them with you.
To help us to be as accurate with your information as possible, you will be required to provide us with your education history. The majority of our apprenticeship opportunities are government funded. Where an intermediate (level 2) or advanced (level 3) apprenticeship is government funded, your potential employer may be ineligible for funding if you already hold a qualification at level 4 or higher, such as;
- Higher National Certificate (HNC)
- Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE)
- Higher apprenticeship
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
- Foundation Degree
- NVQ Level 4
- Degree with Honours (eg BA Hons, BSc Hons)
- Degree apprenticeship
- Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Diploma
- Ordinary Degree (without Honours)
- Postgraduate Certificate
- Postgraduate Diploma
- Masters Degree (eg MA, MSc, MBA, MPhil)
- Integrated Masters Degree (eg MEng)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- NVQ Level 5
- Doctorate (eg PhD, DPhil, EdD, DClinPsy)
If you hold any of the above qualifications, you will be required to provide full details when asked at application.
The Bath College Apprenticeship Team will look at your qualifications to check the apprenticeship will not duplicate any training or assessment you have received from any other source, however please be aware, in some cases previous higher learning may exclude you from an intermediate or advanced government-funded apprenticeship.
The opportunity to become a Pharmacy Technician and Accuracy Checking Technician as well as going down the management route to become a store manager and ultimately a cluster manager.
Interest in healthcare Communication skills Team work
The candidate should be friendly and engaging with the staff and customers as well as being empathetic. They also need to be able to use their own initiative to solve problems and create action plans to overcome them.
At Least 5 GCSEs A* - C / 9 - 4. Ideally individuals will have their English and maths grad C/4 or above OR be able to evidence the ability to reach this level by the end of the qualification.
- Customer Service Practitioner Standard Level 2
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.