A fantastic opportunity to gain customer service skills. Providing a professional, efficient and streamlined telephony service to customers of Kent County Council.
- Answer and respond to customer calls into the Contact Centre, to provide a service for a specified area of the Authority’s operations, giving information and advice as trained.
- Handle calls for specific services providing information and advice where appropriate with the aim of ideally resolving customer enquiries at the first point of contact.
- Interpret queries/problems that are generated by calls from customers in order to generate solutions to meet the caller’s needs.
- Re-route calls to an appropriate officer when unable to assist the customer, so that they obtain an appropriate response to their enquiry.
- Maintain call quality standards through the effective use of verbal communication when responding to each call, including following the Authority’s complaints procedure when appropriate, to ensure that callers are always provided with a high quality and efficient service.
- At the end of each appropriate call, offer the Govmetrics customer satisfaction survey.
- Potential for full-time employment for the right candidate
- There are opportunities to progress from a Level 2 to a Level 3 qualification
- Many employers retain apprentices in full/part time positions
- The qualifications you gain can also help you to get into higher education or other employment
- Being an apprentice gives you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification and developing professional skills whilst earning a salary, inside some of Kent’s best companies
- Once the apprenticeship has been achieved you will have the skills, abilities and experience to update and enhance your CV, to make it attractive to potential employers
We will be interviewing candidates who meet the criteria as they apply and will recruit after a successful interview which may be before the closing date.
You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
Based in Maidstone, the office is accessible via train car and bus. Maidstone East is just opposite the office along with a pay and display car park.
There is no available on site parking which is free.
- Ability to handle a wide range of enquiries in a contact centre environment
- Computer literate and ability to operate telephone equipment effectively
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with a polite, efficient and courteous manner. Able to deal sympathetically with distressed, agitated, confused, irate customers or those with special needs
- Ability to learn and deliver new services
- Some knowledge of how local authorities or other large organisations operate
- Personal self-confidence to provide a customer focused front-line enquiry service via the telephone
- Possess a friendly and helpful disposition
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- GCSE (or equivalent) Grade 9 - 4 (A* - C) is required in English and maths.
- Level 2 Customer service practitioner apprenticeship standard
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.