- Carry out desk-top handling of insurance claims
- To provide administrative support and handle incoming and outgoing calls for the insurance function and ensure the delivery of service to our clients to the required standards
- Work flexibly, in a rapidly developing office environment
- Communicate effectively when making outbound or taking inbound calls
- Develop and maintain working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Take incoming instructions, manage and appoint the appropriate claim roles
- Ensure that KPIs and deadlines are met throughout the insurance claims handling process
- Update company systems’ ensuring all information is recorded in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with company processes and procedures
- Close down of insurance claims on completion of works ensuring that all necessary paperwork and management information is in place
- Conversion of claims to invoice to the appropriate party
- Maintenance of claims data on claims database system
- Ensure full compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 at all times
- Ensure average lifecycle is kept to a minimum through proactive claims handling
- To act as a contributing member of the team and undertake such other duties as reasonably required
To continue onto full time employment.
THE COMPANY MAY WISH TO INTERVIEW APPLICANTS BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE, RESULTING IN THE VACANCY BEING FILLED BEFORE THE GIVEN DATE.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate, both verbal and written at all levels within the organisation
- Numerate and methodical with a keen attention for detail
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines and schedules
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook
- Possesses or Working towards Cert CII or equivalent
- Polite, pleasant and confident telephone manner
- Capable of working under own initiative and without supervision
- A proactive self-starter and demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Keen and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
GCSE or equivalent at grades A* - C (9 - 4) in maths and English.
Intermediate level 2 Apprenticeship in Customer Service, including NVQ and functional skills maths and English. Work based learning.