Apprentice Credit Controller/Sales Ledger Assistant
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Day to day duties will include:
- Processing New Account Applications
- Applying for Credit via Experian or Cofanet
- Monitoring and Managing customer credit limits
- Chase for payment by telephone/email ensuring all payments are received by the agreed due date
- Allocating payments daily
- Updating Customer Statements
- Raising Pro Forma Invoices for pre-pay customers
- logging all queries on the Centresoft Query Log
- Query resolution - Liaise with Sales/Customer Services to resolve all queries in a timely manner
- Chasing for repayment for any rejected queries
- Scanning Centresoft Cash books
- Checking with customers that all EDI Invoices have been received
- Taking credit card payments over the phone
- Balancing the Cash Book daily with other team members
- Raising weekly/monthly ESD reports on Excel
- Raising Consumer Fulfilment Invoices for sales and carriage charges on a weekly basis on excel
- National Account Reconciliations on the 1st working day of the month
- Cover for other Team Members when absent
- Other Ad-hoc duties as and when required
Please take a note of the VAC reference number of the vacancy that you are interested in as you will be asked for this during your application.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you will need to attend an appointment with our College Curriculum team. On the next screen you will be asked to apply for the apprenticeship online. Once you have applied, you will be sent an email and a letter inviting you into the College to meet with the relevant curriculum team who will confirm that you are eligible for the apprenticeship.
If you have already applied and attended an appointment session at one of our colleges, please contact your Recruitment Advisor to discuss your interest in this specific vacancy. You do not need to apply again to the college.
The Apprenticeship Recruitment Team – BMet 0121 362 1121
Potential opportunity of a permanent position for the right candidate.
- Minimum of a basic accounting knowledge of sales ledger and purchase ledger functions, dealing with high volumes of queries
- Advanced Excel skills must include V and H look ups, Count if sums, Pivot Tables, Graphs
- Good maths Skills
Good attendance, punctuality and reliability.
Minimum A*-C (9-4) GCSE or equivalent in maths and English.
Must already hold AAT Level 2 qualification (please note BMet college offer, as part of the AAT Level 3 course, an Introduction to Accounting Techniques which prepares candidates for Level 3 if they have not already completed Level 2 AAT i.e. if you have not already completed Level 2, you can still apply for this role and will undertake the Introduction course first).
This level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship will include:
- A competence based qualification i.e. NVQ/QCF
- A knowledge based qualification i.e. Technical Certificate
- Key or Functional Skills (if required)
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.