What will the apprentice be doing?
Caterplus ( Elior ) have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who must have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and the enthusiasm to take on new challenges to join their friendly, professional kitchen team as an apprentice.
Your key responsibilities as the Apprentice Cook will consist of:
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Ad-hoc duties to support the catering team and services
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As an Apprentice you will undertake a Level 2 Production Chef Standards Apprenticeship.
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standards has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role.This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, 1-1 meetings and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development on successful complication of the apprenticeship this will be a permanent job.
Reality CheckThis vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received so please apply early to avoid disappointment. Whilst on the apprenticeship you will be entitled to an NUS card https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/ Required to train in both the sites Nightingale House & Hammerson House to get an idea of both orthodox Jewish Shomer Supervised Jewish Site – Hammerson House and Large volume management at Nightingale House – Non Supervised Jewish Site ( Overseen by Rabi, Religious Advisor ) As an Apprentice you will undertake a Level 2 Production Chef Standards Apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative, Can do attitude
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A-C OR 4-8) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C or 4-8) Desired