It will be a demanding but rewarding role within a busy environment; and a high level of professional standard, passion and presentation is required.
Reporting to the Manager - key responsibilities range from:
- Assist with the preparation of hot and cold food orders within the kitchen area
- Develop knowledge of food, its taste, preparation for cooking and the dish creation
- Prepare menus
- Stock take ingredients and materials
- At times meet and greet customers
- Take customer orders
- Pot washing and general housekeeping
- Develop a knowledge of the surrounding area, local history and connected events
- Promote additional services or products - offer advice to customers
Excellent prospect to continue into sustained employment and further training across all areas of the business for the right candidate.
Please ensure you have adequate transport means to the employer location in Fulwood, Sheffield S10.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Manual Work Skills
- Communication Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Literacy Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Passion and developing interest for food and its preparation
- Thirst for learning
- High standard of professional presentation
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work as a team member - be creative but also follow direction
- Numerate & Literate
- Reasonable level of physical fitness - on feet most of working day
- Interest in the Hospitality Industry
- GCSE A*-C/9-4 or equivalent English Language and Maths
- Some experience within a kitchen environment
Hospitality Team Member Apprentice Standard includes:
- End Point Assessment
- Some attendance at Sheffield College - City Campus for the food production unit.
Assessment: multiple choice test, practical observation, business project and professional discussion at the end of the programme.