Brambles Rest Home
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a an Apprentice Chef/Cook to join our fast-growing team at Century Care Ltd, based at The Brambles Rest Home, a 32 bedded care home in New Longton.
We are looking to employ an Apprentice Chef/Cook to learn and be trained to prepare and cook balanced, nutritious meals within a controlled hygienic environment.
Our Service Users enjoy traditional home cooked food as well as baking.
Our cooks play an important role in our care home, we strive to create a warm and hearty environment and make every meal time something to look forward to for our residents.
You will be required:
- To work within the requirements of food safety legislation.
- To maintain the kitchen to a clean and hygienic standard as set out in kitchen protocol.
- To maintain the kitchen equipment.
- To actively contribute to the preparation and cooking of food and the cleaning of the kitchen area.
- To perform other such reasonable duties as may be required.
- To ensure compliance and understanding of responsibilities for food hygiene, preparation, and all Health and Safety requirements.
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification. Your qualification will be delivered by an Award Winning Training Provider who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Regional Trainer coming to visit you on a regular basis to deliver the training and guide you through your Apprenticeship.
The vacancy is for a temporary position with the possibility of permanent employment within The Brambles Rest Home, upon the completion of the apprenticeship programme.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
30 hours, 5 days of 7, The shift pattern will be 6am-2pm, need to work alternate weekends.
Any offer of employment will be subject to 2 satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Will be communicating with the residents so patience is essential. Experience working in a care home setting preferred but not essential.
- Able to understand and follow instructions,
- Able to keep calm when working under pressure – the kitchen is a hot and hectic place during service periods,
- Attention to detail and good presentation skills,
- Hardworking and ‘can-do’ attitude,
- Good common sense and understanding of basic health and safety requirements – ie excellent personal hygeine and clearing spills (more will be taught throughout the induction and on-going throughout the apprenticeship but a basis understanding from the outset is very important)
- Good personal hygiene.
- Good team worker.
- Reliable and Punctual.
- Full commitment to the Apprenticeship in all areas cooking and studying.
None specific but must be able to complete Functional Skill in English and maths.
Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship (specialising in Food Production)
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standards has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment.
The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.