A chance to be an apprentice with a civil engineering company that operates across East Anglia has arisen.
The successful apprentice will have the opportunity to learn from one the best companies in the sector and from someone who was an apprentice themselves and now runs their own business.
Groundworkers operate on construction sites, working with concrete, bricks and blocks as required, laying drainage & pavements and excavating holes and trenches. This apprenticeship includes work on site and college-based learning.
Responsibilities will include:
• Operating heavy plant machinery
• Water management
• Understanding types of ground and materials.
• Understanding technical drawings
• Instillation of utilities
• Building commercial foundations
After the apprenticeship is completed the candidate will have the opportunity to join the host company as a full member of staff and continue to develop into te Civil Engineering field.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Experience of working in the construction industry (not essential)
The right candidate for this role will be:
- Hard working and prepared to do manual work
- Want a career in Civil Engineering
- English GCSE Grade 3/D or equivalents
- Maths GCSE Grade 5/B or equivalents
- Valid driving licence and own car, desirable but not essential
- CSCS Card
- The successful candidate will also be required to take and pass a Drug and Alcohol test
Training will be provided by East Coast College and require the apprentice to attend the college one day a week during term time.
The apprentice will complete the Level 2 Ground Worker Apprenticeship.