What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide friendly, efficient, customer-facing, front-line public services to users of Cambridgeshire Libraries.
- As required, provide customer services on behalf of other services and organisations, including reception and referral services, information provision and face to face transactions.
- Comple a range of administrative and support services within the library.
- Assist in the delivery of partnership initiatives and outreach work.
- Support and oversee volunteers as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full time apprentices will typically spend 18 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with a minimum of 20% off-the-job training. All apprentices will spend a minimum of 12 months on-programme.This apprenticeship is designed to prepare successful apprentices to meet the requirements for registration as:
● Certified Member of CILIP (ACLIP), subject to becoming a member
● Foundation Member of the ARA (FMARA), subject to becoming a member
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On succesful completion of the apprenticeship there may be the possibility of a permanent position should the opportunity arise.
Reality CheckIf GCSE English & Maths is not held or the appropriate Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy then candidates must demonstrate a willingness to achieve a Level 2 English and Maths qualification before the End Point Assessment of the Apprenticeship will also be considered.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredNVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Customer Service Skills (Grade Pass) Desired
Other 5 x GSCE incl English Language & Maths (Grade Level 4) Essential
Other ICT Skills - MS Office (Grade User) Essential