What will the apprentice be doing?
The ideal applicant will be trained in an ideal work-based environment & will be a key member of the team, they will be trained in health & safety, food safety, knife safety & nutrition.
Duties within the role would include:
• Preparing & cooking a variety of dishes from fresh ingredients including meat, fish, poultry & game.
• Preparing & cooking starters.
• Serving hot & cold deserts.
• Making pasta & bread products.
• Pay increments based on progress towards achieving targets & objectives.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Catering & Hospitality (Commis Chef). Functional Skills Maths and English - work based learning
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A great opportunity to develop your career with an employer who supports continuing professional development.
Reality CheckEarliest start 1pm & latest finish 9pm / 40 hours per week on a rota basis / 5 days out of 7 / 30 minutes lunch break.
Skills RequiredOrganisation skills, Presentation skills, Team working, Creative
Qualifications RequiredOther Basic Maths (Grade n/a) Desired
Other Standard English (Grade n/a) Desired