What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Commis Chef, you will:
- Do The Right Thing: You will prepare the perfect plate, every time, in line with brand and Interstate standards
- Think We Not Me: You’re part of the family here at Interstate and team work is everything! You will work closely with your kitchen team mates to ensure that together each service is smooth and efficient.
- Be Your Best Self: You’re an expert on all things policy, process and specs, maintaining a kitchen that meets the highest levels of safety and hygiene standards.
- Think Like A Guest, Act Like An Owner: You understand the key performance indicators your kitchen is measured against and work hard to positively influence these whilst on shift.
- You will be completing a Level 2 Professional Cookery Apprenticeship, you will be mentored in the work place by another experienced Chef and supported by Babcock Training, who will help you on your learning and development journey throughout the Apprenticeship. This will involve a Regional Trainer meeting with you on a regular basis to deliver the training.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As an Apprentice Chef you will work towards a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship while having the opportunity to attend several exciting masterclasses. You will be working with our established kitchen team to ensure the best service possible is delivered to our guests daily. Our Kitchen Team is the magic behind each delicious dish we serve our guests. They are passionate about all things food and take great pride in each dish they prepare
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a temporary position for at least the length of the apprenticeship programme with the possibility of a permanent position on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
We pride ourselves on investing in your ongoing career development within this fantastic brand, working in partnership with Interstate Hotels & Resorts, the Global third-party management company of choice.
At Interstate, we recognise that people are the heart of our business. As a Global leader, we are committed to representing our Global community and enabling everyone to Be Their Best Selves.
Reality CheckDue to the nature of the business you will be required to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Presentation skills, Team working, Patience
Qualifications RequiredOther none (Grade none) Essential