What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working with and learning from our Sous Chef and Head Chef
- Food preparation
- Knife skills
- Identifying herbs & spices
- Understanding food safety & hygiene practices
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will study 1 day a week at Westminster Kingsway College in London. At the end of the course you will achieve the Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The next career move to Chef de Partie
- Further option to study Level 3 Apprenticeship
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or Above) Desired