Based in our busy kitchen at the Harley Street Clinic, duties would be varied as you will move around sections within the kitchen. You will assist the other chefs with:
- To taste all dishes & there ingredients independently. Learning and training a seasoning pallet. To be inquisitive, and curious about all sections and processes in the kitchen.
- Learning and understanding different ingredients, there preparation, cuisine style and usage.
- Preparation of Patient, Staff & Hospitality meals. Observing and learning, plating techniques.
- Maintain the kitchen work areas in accordance with Senior Chef requirements.
- Making sure that all kitchen equipment like food mixers, fridges, cookers are immaculate and in good working order.
- Keeping ALL food storage areas immaculate, understanding and performing correct stock rotation and labelling.
- Complying & performing daily cleaning rotas.
- Accepting food deliveries from suppliers, learning ingredients and the optimum way to store them.
- To be well organised, and most importantly keen to improve, and climb the ladder.
There is no supervision of other staff.
- Level 3 Apprenticeship - Either Senior Production Chef or Chef de Partie
- Can accurately follow instructions
- Able to work unsupervised
- Possessing a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance
- Highly motivated and focused
- Be able to work well under pressure
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry
- Meticulous in detail
- Ability to lift heavy weights
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Approachable and friendly
- Be punctual and reliable
- Willing to work evenings and weekends
- Able to work well in a team
- Maths and English
Alongside your day to day duties, you will complete the Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship. This is a nationally recognised qualification and the primary objective of the Commis Chef is to learn and understand how to carry out the basic functions in every section of the kitchen. You will be supported through this qualification by your Personal Development Coach who will visit you at your place work every 6-10 weeks. You will also attend 6 workshops including an Introduction day at a location outside your normal place of work. All travel expenses will be covered by your employer. You are not expected to complete any of your Apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work. Functional skills if needed.