Based in our busy kitchen at Chelmsford Park duties would be varied as you will move around sections within the kitchen. You will assist the other chefs with:
- Prepare, cook and assemble menus in line with the specification given
- Ensure all food is stored, handled and packed at the correct temperature and in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations
- Maintain records of temperatures and remedial action taken where necessary, reporting all issued to the Head Chef / Chef Supervisor
- Serve on the food counters in the restaurant following brand specifications
- Use machinery as shown and trained to ensure equipment is used safely and in accordance with legislation, reporting any equipment faults to the line manager
- Ensure that work areas are kept clean and that all waste is record and disposed of correctly
- Ensure the quality and presentation of the food is in line with the specification
- Attend and comply with any training by Brands, Health and Safety, Food Safety etc
- Ensure you comply with current dress and personal hygiene regulations
- Monitor and record, day to day production schedule of each item
- Develop good lines of communications and relationships at all levels within your team and with other colleagues and customers
- Perform any reasonable and practical instructions as requested by the Supervisor appropriate to the needs of the Hospital.
There is no supervision of other staff.
Level 3 Apprenticeship - either Senior Production Chef or Chef de Partie.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing and able to take instruction from senior staff
- Have a strong interest in cooking and to have a career in our sectors
- Be keen and willing to learn
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Be punctual and reliable
- Be able to work well with others
- Maths and English
Alongside your day to day duties, you will complete the Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship. This is a nationally recognised qualification and the primary objective of the Commis Chef is to learn and understand how to carry out the basic functions in every section of the kitchen. You will be supported through this qualification by your Personal Development Coach who will visit you at your place work every 6-10 weeks. You will also attend 6 workshops including an Introduction day at a location outside your normal place of work. All travel expenses will be covered by your employer. You are not expected to complete any of your Apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work.