This is a fast-paced kitchen serving up to 500 meals daily at the height of the tourist season, you will need to work weekends, Bank Holidays, and school holidays.
Duties to include:
- Preparation of meats for cooking
- Preparation of vegetables for cooking
- Making salads
- Cooking to order
- Stock maintenance
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen
- Placing and taking deliveries
- Any other duties that befit your role within the company
There is potential of a permanent position on completion of the college course.
- Please consider how you will travel to work
- Long hours and working weekends
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Good practical skills
- A team player
- The ability to listen to your peers
- Organised and reliable
- Passion for cooking with good work ethic
- Desire to learn
Ideally GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English, there is a possibility to study towards these qualifications as part of your apprenticeship.
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)