The successful candidate will assist our 2 experienced chefs with all aspects of kitchen duties.
- Food preparation before service
- Assisting in the kitchen, primarily in the starter and dessert sections
- Progressing through to all areas of the kitchen as experience and capability allows
- The role holder will also be expected to assist with kitchen cleaning duties and wash up alongside other members of the team
In addition, there is the opportunity to also work with our front of house team to ensure a fully rounded experience
It would be our intention for the successful candidate to join our team permanently upon completion of the apprenticeship programme and in addition, we would be happy to support ongoing apprenticeships to Level 3 and beyond.
- Effective communication skills
- Time keeping skills
- Team working skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Candidates should be passionate about working in the catering industry as hours are often long and unsociable, however in return you will receive a high level of training and be part of this small but close knit, successful team
- commitment to work/learning are essential as is a desire to work in this fast-paced environment
There are no formal qualifications required however a reasonable standard of English and maths is preferred
Level 2 Commis chef
Training would be a day release basis in college and on the job in our kitchen for the remainder of the working week.