The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following:
- Learn classical cuts of vegetables, knife drill, prepare and cook food items for your recipe log such as; filleting flat fish, paupiettes of plaice duglere, pot roast loin of pork served with pommes boulangerie, pork and pistachio terrine
- Explore the theory of culinary skills, food safety, business and people
- Assist the head chef with the creation and costings of menu items such as fish, poultry, game, desserts, pastry and bread etc
- Plan, prepare, cook and present a two-course meal towards the end point assessment
- Learn how to work in an industrial kitchen maintaining a safe and hygienic working environment
- Attend Level 2 Food Safety in Catering training
Full time, permanent position for the right candidate, upon completion of the Apprenticeship programme.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Effective communication
- Good time keeping and time management
- Organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Awareness of personal hygiene
- Passionate about food
- Good levels of GCSE or equivalent in mathematics and English
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Commis Chef - Knowledge and skills development linked to the qualification, behavioural development linked to being a productive member of the kitchen team, providing creative solutions within the kitchen environment.
Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
Functional Skills in mathematics and English if required.
There will also be the chance to obtain Functional Skills in mathematics and English if required.