Full training is given as part of your apprenticeship for all areas to achieve the skills, knowledge and behaviours to complete all below duties confidently;
- Prepare and cook food items for the various Food and Beverage outlets to the required standards
- To ensure food is not given to anybody unless a check or docket has been supplied
- To use all kitchen equipment for its proper purpose
- Clean areas in accordance with cleaning schedules and sign them off when completed and correctly clean and storing food production equipment
- Wear provided personal protective equipment as required
- Dispose of unfit food items in line with wastage policy
- Report any hazards or accidents immediately
- Check storage is ready to receive goods and check the quality and quantity of all food items delivered, reject poor quality ingredients
- Observing and follow hygiene regulations on food storage and temperature control in all areas of the kitchen and when receiving a delivery
- Store raw and cooked items separately, Securing storage areas
- Report and act on problems with deliveries
- Ensure that items are dated, rotating all food stock items and report unusually high or low stock levels
- Clean food items as necessary (e.g. vegetables)
- Maintain knowledge of recipes and production standards
- Use precise measures of ingredients as per Company standard
- Follow preparation methods as given by Company standard
- Use the correct dishes and utensils for food presentation
- Prepare areas for food preparation
- Prioritise important work tasks
- To assist in kitchen preparation
- To complete work given by Head Chef/ line manager on any section of the kitchen to the laid down standard which has been agreed
- To work quickly and calmly whilst promoting good working relations within the kitchen
- Maintain a workload rate that is sufficient to ensure the efficient running of the kitchen operation and the avoidance of interruptions to service
There is potential for permanent employment on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Please consider how you will get to work each day. This role will involve some evening and weekend work on a rota basis.
Uniform is provided and a free meal whilst on duty.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Experience of working in a kitchen would be advantageous but not necessary
- Passion for the industry a must
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reliable, efficient and pro-active
- High levels of personal presentation and grooming
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)