While working at The Bakers Arms, you will be taught all aspects of professional cookery and kitchen skills while studying for your Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship qualification. You will work with the kitchen team and be responsible for on a day to day basis;
- You will learn to prepare and cook all dishes from scratch using fresh locally sourced ingredients
- Food preparation
- Plating up
- Understand and maintain a clean kitchen environment
- Understand how to maintain and rotate stock
- A range of techniques for preparing and cooking ingredients
You will be rota’d to do a variety of shifts: split shifts, straight shifts, days, evenings, weekends.
Future prospects and development opportunities will be discussed at interview.
- Good communication
- Hard working
- Keen to learn
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Able to listen and take instructions
- Excellent time keeping and able to work different shift patterns which can include regular evenings and weekends
There are no prior industry specific qualifications required for this role.
Level 2 Commis chef
You will be assigned a work place mentor and personal tutor who together will assist you in the professional development and apprenticeship coursework to enable you to become qualified to an industry standard.