To assist the Senior Chef on duty with storage, preparation and cooking of all food items for the Wimborne Pig, whilst adhering to all Health and Food Safety standards. To also demonstrate and help maintain high levels of service that lovely customers have to expect.
- To assist and monitor food stocks and stock movement
- To understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage
- To learn and record skills and recipes from the other chef’s
- To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed
- To ensure stock is controlled and rotated
- Accept and store deliveries
- To ensure that mis en place is completed in your section
- To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately
- To comply with all policies and procedures to ensure that all-statutory regulations are observed
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required
Continuation of employment and training.
- Some experience of working with food is an advantage but not essential
- A passion to learn and develop is
- Punctuality/attention to detail
- Willing to learn
Grades C (4) or above in maths and English is an advantage but not essential. This will be assessed at the start of the qualification.
- Level 2 Commis Chef Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
You will be assigned a work place mentor and dedicated personal tutor from HIT Training who together will assist you in actively completing your apprenticeship course. You will be taught a variety of skills and assigned various assignments and modules to increase your overall knowledge and job competency.