Apprentice Commis Chef - Intermediate (Level 2)
The Bay Horse Inn
Hit Training Ltd
The Bay Horse Inn has an exciting opportunity for a keen apprentice to join their kitchen team, learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification. At The Bay Horse Inn we strive to deliver and maintain a high standard. You will be able to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding of catering and put this into practice within our kitchen.
Any hours worked over the basic hours will be paid at £6.15 per hour. (Based on candidate being over 18)
You will be responsible for
- Maintaining a clean working environment
- Storage of different food products
- Cooking using a number of different methods and a range of fresh ingredients.
Duties to include:
- Ingredient preparation
- Cooking meals through various different cooking methods
- Plating up and presentation of food
- Taking instruction from senior chefs
- Cleaning and clearing down work stations
- Working in a safe manner at all times
- Portion control
The potential of a full time position after successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team
- High standards of personal hygiene
- Passionate about food
- Good time keeping
None required, however, maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
- Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills Maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.