Apprentice Commis Chef - Intermediate (Level 2)
Hit Training Ltd
The Dunstable offers a wide range of local ales, lagers, bottled beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks. The restaurant and main bar/drinking area has been given a stylish refurbishment and warm feel with new furniture and layout, in-keeping with the charm of the building. The menus are a delight to read, offering something for everyone; a light lunch bar menu, a polished evening restaurant menu and Sunday Lunch menu, including the classic roast dinner.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to join the busy kitchen team, learn the trade and work towards gaining a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Duties will include:
- Plating up and presentation of food
- Taking instruction from senior chefs
- Preparing fresh food in our kitchen
- Cooking food in our kitchen
- Maintaining the cleanliness in the kitchen and yard areas
Working evenings and weekends is part of the job, so if you don’t like this then please do not apply.
The is the possibility for a permanent position for the right candidates.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Able to take instruction
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team
- Eager to learn
- A desire to impress and give attention to the smallest details
- A passion for top quality
- Excellent communication, honesty, and integrity
- Clear focus on quality
- Awareness of high standards
None; however, English and maths are assessed as part of the interview process.
- Commis chef standard (Level 2)
- Functional Skills English and maths (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.