Apprentice Commis Chef - Intermediate (Level 2)
UNIVERSITY OF DERBY
The role requires the candidate to:
- Assist other chefs in the kitchen
- Help with deliveries
- Measure ingredients
- Make soups and pates
- Prepare vegetables and meat
- Assist with stock rotation and cleaning tasks
The Head Chef will aim to progress the successful candidate as quickly as possible onto their own section.
We envisage you becoming a full-time, permanent member of our team.
- Transport is not very good in the area. However it might be possible to assist in transport costs
- You will also receive a share of tips
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You should have a passion for cooking and a good work ethic
- Being a team player is essential with a willingness to learn and improve your skills
Friendly, a team player, the ability to listen to your peers, organised and reliable.
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate, the college can help with achieving this
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English would be advantageous
- You may be able to study equivalent qualifications alongside your apprenticeship dependant on personal circumstances
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.