Apprentice Commis Chef
Combe Grove Manor Hotel & Country Club Ltd
HIT TRAINING LTD
Your main responsibilities will be to prepare and carry out basic cooking tasks under the supervision of a more senior chef. An opportunity to experience each section of the kitchen, whilst working in a challenging time-bound environment.
Your main duties would include:
- Assisting with the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food to the highest standard
- Complying with and having full knowledge of regulations regarding Health and Safety in a commercial kitchen
- Operating ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves and fryers and other various kitchen utensils and equipment to prepare foods
- Preparing and cooking food according to recipes and quality standards
- Developing a knowledge of local, organic, nutritious and healthy ingredients, dishes and menus
- Monitoring the quantity of food that is prepared including portioning, chopping and storing food before use
- Communicate effectively with front of house staff with regard to menu items, content of dishes, shortages, customer orders, special requests etc.
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
Once your level 2 is completed there will be the opportunity to progress onto the level 3 qualification.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
IT Skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
Good communication skills, highly organised, excellent people skills and the ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
GCSE level or equivalent qualifications in English and maths.
Full training will be provided throughout your qualification.
- Level 2 - Commis chef standard
- Functional Skills if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.