Apprentice Commis Chef
The Bakers Arms
HIT TRAINING LTD
While working at The Bakers Arms, you will be taught all aspects of professional cookery and kitchen skills while studying for your Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship qualification. You will work with the kitchen team and be responsible for on a day to day basis;
- You will learn to prepare and cook all dishes from scratch using fresh locally sourced ingredients
- Food preparation
- Plating up
- Understand and maintain a clean kitchen environment
- Understand how to maintain and rotate stock
- A range of techniques for preparing and cooking ingredients
You will be rota’d to do a variety of shifts: split shifts, straight shifts, days, evenings, weekends.
Future prospects and development opportunities will be discussed at interview.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication
- Hard working
- Keen to learn
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Able to listen and take instructions
- Excellent time keeping
- Able to work different shift patterns which can include regular evenings and weekends
There are no prior industry specific qualifications required for this role.
- Level 2 - Commis chef standard
- Functional Skills if required
You will be assigned a work place mentor and personal tutor who together will assist you in the professional development and apprenticeship coursework to enable you to become qualified to an industry standard.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.