Apprentice Commis Chef
Cheltenham College Senior School
HIT TRAINING LTD
While working for Holroyd Howe, you will be supported and guided in actively completing your Level 2 Commis Chef qualification with HIT Training. You will be learning all aspects of the catering sector from your workplace mentor and learn the relative supporting theory knowledge to aid your professional development.
Your day to day duties will include, but are not limited to:
- To assist in the preparation of food, meals, breaks and snacks
- To keep the kitchen and restaurant areas in a clean and tidy state at all times
- To provide a friendly, efficient and hygienic service to all customers
- To comply with all appropriate legal and hygiene requirements
- To receive and attend any training as necessary to maintain unit and company standards
- To ensure a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and Hygiene to comply with statutory and company regulations
- To report immediately any incidents or accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage or unfit food
- To check deliveries in the absence of the Storesperson and store correctly making note of any discrepancies on invoices
- To ensure all areas used for the preparation or presentation of food are left clean and tidy at all times, but especially at the end of shift/days work, and to check cleaning rotas are complete correctly to Unit standards
- To ensure good stock rotation is implemented
- Ensure all temperature charts and samples are taken and recorded correctly
- To attend to any reasonable request by management
Your working week will be 40 hours per week and working week will be discussed at interview.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be the possibility for further training opportunities and full time employment within the team.
The rate of pay for this position will depend on your age, pay rates detailed below;
Under 21's: £6.95
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Able to work well in a team
- Preferably some basic knife skills (although this is taught during the apprenticeship)
- Good time keeping is vital
- A clean and organised approach to working in a kitchen environment
- A willing approach to listen to peers and real enthusiasm for food and cooking
Ideally maths and English level 4-5 or above or equivalent. However this will be assessed prior to employment and full English and maths training.
Level 2 Commis Chef Standard
You will be assigned a dedicated HIT Training Personal Tutor who will set you regular practical and theory modules and assignments to support you will your professional development. Your tutor will be able to assist you with these as well as your workplace mentor.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.