Apprentice Commis Chef
De Vere Venues
HIT TRAINING LTD
As an Apprentice Commis Chef, you'll receive £500 Welcome Bonus when you join De Vere. Or, if you're moving for a role, we also offer a £1500 relocation bonus plus a free two night stay for yourself or family to visit.
Working as an Apprentice Commis Chef, you'll achieve a Level 2 Commis Chef qualification, so you'll need to manage your time well as you'll be working and learning as part of your development. You'll need to be hardworking, flexible and committed to the apprenticeship programme. A Chef career with De Vere means variety, industry leading professional development, fun at work and career prestige, because you’ll be working for one of the brightest brands in hospitality.
As an Apprentice Commis Chef, you’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where you’ll continually learn and develop, and have the opportunity to join our Chef Development Programmes. Our Apprentice Commis Chefs are seriously passionate about food, but we want you to love your career just as much. We have a superb Chef Academy, offering a variety of qualifications that run up to Chef de Partie, Sous Chef and Head Chef level.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for:
- Preparing ingredients whilst supporting the kitchen brigade
- Ensuring you work to the highest standards of cleanliness food hygiene and health and safety
- Working under pressure to make sure food is served on time
- Cooking and presenting food creatively
Our hotels are vibrant and inviting, and so is our food offering across our venues such as our fabulous 1705 Restaurant & Bar at De Vere Beaumont Estate, 1560 Restaurant & Bar at De Vere Wokefield Estate, and 1853 Restaurant & Bar at De Vere Tortworth Court.
*Subject to Tax and NI
**Cannot be taken in conjunction with Welcome Bonus. Subject to Tax and NI.
- There could be potential for further progression through other apprenticeships and in house training
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Willing to learn
- There are no previous qualifications required for this role
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Commis Chef Standard
You will be assigned a tutor and mentor to assist you in the completion of your apprenticeship course.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.