Apprentice Commis Chef
Ring Of Bells Inn
HIT TRAINING LTD
The ideal candidate will work well in a close-knit team and be a proactive individual that is willing to learn and develop their current skills, as well as being dedicated to preparing a high standard of food using fresh local produce.
The job role includes:
- Preparing and cooking ingredients necessary and assisting in all sections of the kitchen as directed by the Head Chef
- Maintaining high levels of service
- Assisting and monitoring stock, including stock rotation
- Ensuring minimum kitchen wastage
- Keeping all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Learning skills and recipes from other members of the department and applying them
- Complying with all company policies and procedures and all statutory regulations and food hygiene policies.
- Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s
- Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef or General Manager
- To complete course work and attend chef academy workshops as part of your Commis Chef qualification
Continuation of employment and possible progression to Level 3
Able to work as part of a team in a busy environment
Able to take instructions
- Willing to learn
Grades C or 4 in maths and English (or equivalent) is an advantage but not essential, maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Training to be provided
- Commis chef standard (Level 2)
- Functional Skills English and maths (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.