Apprentice Commis Chef
The Elwes Arms
HIT TRAINING LTD
Elwes Arms are a 16th Century Coaching Inn in the heart of the village of Great Billing who prides themselves on producing some classic mouth-watering dishes from local ingredients and produce.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Elwes Arms for an apprentice to join the busy kitchen team, learn the trade and work towards gaining a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Duties will include:
- Ingredient preparation
- Cooking meals through various different cooking methods
- Plating up and presentation of food
- Taking instruction from senior chefs
- Cleaning and clearing down workstations
- Working in a safe manner at all times
- Portion control
Future prospects will be discussed at interview.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- The kitchen is a very stressful environment and quite often works under great pressure but producing top quality items for the enjoyment of our customers
- This is not a job for the faint hearted and the successful applicant will be expected to perform at the top of their game at all times
- Good timekeeping
- Able to think under pressure and multitask
None required; however, English and maths will be assessed as part of the interview process.
- Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
- Maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.